New beginner questions

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

the_buster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

New beginner questions

Post by the_buster »

Hi,

I have read in the manual that I will need to start tuning fuel on my AFR table and I noticed there is a AFR table generator under tools. Is this a good base for one to use? Also when I filled out the fields they carried over to the Fuel VE table as well, is this based on timing? if it is not based on timing (I'm playing with it for the moment) The manual says "Most sequential fire engines will run best at 14.7:1 at idle" and "Most naturally aspirated engines tend to run best at 13.2 to 13.5 at full throttle" but Tuner Studio generated these:
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG
Capture5.JPG
Do these tables look like they are okay to use? or what could I do different to them. what is a "normal" engine load, my idea is about 55-60 kpa between 1700 and 2800 in normal driving conditions. or is that way off, any information would be great as I am getting a little confused with it all.

thanks,
mr_minnis
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: New beginner questions

Post by mr_minnis »

Depending if you are running bank to bank or sequential.

If it where me I would give it a try, not run it hard but gently drive around. if it "kick backs" a little richen it up. IMHO i think it is a reasonable place for VEAL to start adjusting. My stock 302 is leaner than that table and it is doing ok. I'm sure you will need to adjust for idle and warm up.

I'm sure you have gotten past this point now.
88 Stang LX Vert. 3.73s and MS3x, D585 Coils AEM EPM
the_buster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: New beginner questions

Post by the_buster »

mr_minnis wrote:Depending if you are running bank to bank or sequential.

If it where me I would give it a try, not run it hard but gently drive around. if it "kick backs" a little richen it up. IMHO i think it is a reasonable place for VEAL to start adjusting. My stock 302 is leaner than that table and it is doing ok. I'm sure you will need to adjust for idle and warm up.

I'm sure you have gotten past this point now.

Hi

Thanks for the reply I have decided to tweek the tune from diy autotune. Yer like you said it carried on like a bull out the gate with the tune above. I'm running fully sequential injection.

Thanks