Targeting the middle of a cell!

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Targeting the middle of a cell!

Post by nathanhardy »

I've been doing some tuning and taking some on line classes through a company that tunes with motec but cators to all, one thing I noticed about their software is that they have a target box that shows you when you're smack in the middle of the cell your tuning or selected cells.. I can't recall if ts has this my current car I'm tuning is down at the moment but I thought something like this would be a nice added touch. I have no clue to the true difaculty of this next thought but now since the pro ms is out has there been thought to do a pro version of ts, making it more visually speaking to all those na Sayers that think looks are more important then brains!
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Targeting the middle of a cell!

Post by nathaninwa »

There is a feature that let's us know cell weighting. Not sure if it's live or not, but are they teaching for easier tuning or just to let you know your 50/50?

Autotune is really nice for that, it will change 2 cells based on it weight factor, so one could be 25% and the other is 75%. Sure does make it nice for spool up
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

I knew there was a cell weight hit count, but what am wondering if there'd be a benefit to having a small box with a target and dot that follows the cell weight or what ever the dot on the ve table is call.. But have it just come up when you click the certain bins that way you could tune for center of each bin.. I guess what got me to ask is in the videos they said to always make sure you tune a cell when you know your dead center.
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

A bulb/indicator that lights when you are within X percent of dead on a cell sounds quite feasible.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

Thanks Phil! I understand your work load so no rush but I just thought it would make things that much more comparable to other systems.. Which to my veiw could only help bring more people to you!!!! If I can help in any way please let me know.
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

Here's a picture of what there's looks like top right of the computer screen a solid green rectangle represent the map and rpm or where the car is on the ve and you just line it up in the target!
zebbi
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by zebbi »

any progress on this?would really appreciate this feature.i had actually asked on the rx7club forum if there was a qauge for this but with no response.makes for a much speedier tune while steadystate if can target center of each cell.thanks in advance
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

The next major tunerstudio release will not be available for several months.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
zebbi
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by zebbi »

thats cool.appreciate the effort it takes to do what you do.if it does come out on next release i know alot of people will get great use from it.
we are starting to get alot of megasquirted cars in my area and sometimes these small things make the difference to help people transition from other brands software.but it really does help to speed up steady state as you can concentrate on get the cell correct with out worrying if you have a influence/weighting from surrounding cells.this is IMO, there may be some who find they are fine without it,and it doesnt effect getting a great tune.just makes it easier to achieve .