Flex Fuel Gauges in TS

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Flex Fuel Gauges in TS

Post by Rick Finsta »

The % correction gauge in the fuel calculations summary page doesn't seem to do anything with the engine not running (makes sense as there is no correction to make if there is no fueling) but I was wondering if the % Ethanol gauge should be showing anything with the fuel pump on, flex sensor giving and output, but the engine not running. I wasn't sure if it was actually just calculated from the same output channel as the % correction.

Basically, I was hoping I could test my setup without turning the engine on but I suppose I could just set the corrections to 100% and fire it up to see if it is reporting at least but I can crawl under the dash and hook up the scope if I need to. I am assuming the fact that it is an open collector output is why I can't get a frequency signal off the sensor using my multimeter.
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Flex Fuel Gauges in TS

Post by Rick Finsta »

I'm retarded. I had the pullup hooked to to GND instead of +5V on the back of the v3.0 board. The gauges both work fine without the engine running and report a reasonable number.