Using TS and a power supply to determine inj. dead time

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Dozer2FEYota
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Using TS and a power supply to determine inj. dead time

Post by Dozer2FEYota »

Long story short, I can't find any literature on my injectors (Denso Toyota p/n 23250-61010 ) regarding dead / lag time. I have the motor idling OK using some guesswork, but once I got my alternator hooked up, the change in voltage exposed the issue. Right now I have the dead time set. to 1.1ms and 0.15ms/v - this was just done finding best idle using a battery and charger.

I found this article: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/inject ... rs.418584/

The basic concept is to set dead time pretty low, tune for target AFR at max voltage (no electrical load) by adjusting dead time. Note that dead time. Load the electrical, bringing the voltage down some, tune again using dead time. Note the voltage and dead time. Rinse, repeat until you can graph it, and determine your ms/V change and dead time at 13.2v. I figured an even easier way would be to use a DC power supply to power the relay board/ecu and have very accurate control over the voltage.

Sounds like a practical way to do it that would save me from tearing down my intake and induction system and trying to rig up something to test the injectors outside of the vehicle. I was going to try this today, but the DC p.s. I have, while really good, its only like 50W and couldn't provide enough power to the relay board.

Anybody ever tried this or have any feedback?
pit_celica
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Using TS and a power supply to determine inj. dead time

Post by pit_celica »

I think it's a good way to find the battery voltage correction (ms/v), but you still need to do a real dead time test to find the actual dead time of your injectors.

Sam