Combined Projects with Custom .ini and .msq

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Combined Projects with Custom .ini and .msq

Post by dontz125 »

As part of trying to figure out how to do something with Jean's TinyIOx, I created a combined project with MS2/Extra 3.3.3 Beta 2 (MicroSquirt Module) as the main controller, and Tiny IOx 0.10.0 as the add-on. I'm having no problems with the MS2 part, but I'm trying to change various aspects with the TIOx to persuade it to do things.

I'm trying to do two things right now: first, to incorporate this formula as an output channel:

Code: Select all

myspeed = { 3600 * timer_clock1 / ( pwm1_16 * 39898 * timer_pre_val1 ) } 
If I enter this in the TIOx .ini, nothing happens. If I try to create a custom .ini, it loads up as a custom for the uSM, and promptly returns an error (MS2 devices don't have PWM input ports).

Second, I want to clean up the 'garbage' values in the TIOx Programmable Output fields; I've tried just entering zero or 100, but every time I reopen the project, they're back to garbage. I've tried to load a fresh IOx .msq from Jean's site, but it loaded into the uSM. No errors were thrown, but not much happened either (again, MS2 devices don't include ADC9 as an option from which to input a signal).

I've attached the project .zip file. I'm definitely missing something, here ...
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Combined Projects with Custom .ini and .msq

Post by dontz125 »

There are few things more annoying than answering your own post with the realisation that you CAN'T do it -

Re: AFR Safety Settings - Polarity? - saith James,
I just checked and then found that "AFR error" is a calculated field in TunerStudio (ini file) so you can't use it for the on/off outputs.
So I (or more accurately, my client-pending) will have to enter the actual target pwm1_16 value as an argument for the ProgOut - piffle ...
TTR Ignition Systems
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

There definitely seems to be an issue with the programmable outputs. I don't know if it is the project or specific to something in TS but it was working before.

As for the custom.ini file, you need to name it CAN1_custom.ini if you want it to apply to the TinyIOx. The CAN device in your project is named CAN1 and that is how TS differentiate on which device to apply the custom.ini.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Custom .ini - thank you!

Issue with programmable outputs - waiting with bated breath ... :lol:
TTR Ignition Systems
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

You can do it 2 ways.

1) As Jean said, make a 2nd custom.ini named CAN1_custom.ini if the calculation is specific to the iOx.

2) Or, You can also reference the TinyIox fields in the main custom ini by using dot notation. This allows you to calculate new channels based on input data from both controllers.

Example:
someNewChannel = { aMainProjectChannel * CAN1.someiOxChannel }

this is assuming your iOx is using a short name of CAN1 in project properties.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html