VE fuel and AF table generators setup.

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Fueler
Helpful MS/Extra'er

VE fuel and AF table generators setup.

Post by Fueler »

Newbie alert on setting up a project.
After fumbling around through the varied help files and pdfs I need some clarification.
1: The AF and Fuel VE table generators are supposed to give me a reasonable starting point, correct?

Filling in the fields is not a problem except for the MAP (kPa).
Working with a street blown small block (relatively mild)
Using a couple of high end sim programs I have a decent idea of the boost psi at any rpm.
Here are my inputs.
Supercharged (fyi 671 roots, 7% underdriven)
355 cubic inches
idle: 1000
Predicted parameters:
Redline: 8500
Pk HP: 550 @ 8000 Boost: 5.1 psi
PK Tq: 472 @ 5000 Boost: 11.4 psi

2: MY question surrounds the kPa inputs. It was preset at 100.
Converting psi to kPa is easy enough but there is a couple of ways to look at it.

IF I should input a differential number relative to absolute zero they would be:
Pk HP: 11.4 psi = 78.6 kPa
Pk Tq; 5.1 psi = 36 kPa

IF I am to measure relative to vacuum and want to resolve the pressure relative to the atmosphere then the numbers become:
Pk HP: 11.4 psi = 179.9 kPa
Pk Tq: 5.1 psi = 136 kPa

3: Which is the correct way to look at this?
FWIW the higher numbers create a lot more green cells than the lower numbers.

4: I will have vacuum at idle: Exactly what number I don't know yet. Got a starting point suggestion?
Is that input as a negative number?

I did not include an msq because I am not that far along yet but can do so if needed.

Thanks so much for this forum.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: VE fuel and AF table generators setup.

Post by grom_e30 »

100kpa is about atmo so boost will be above this so 200kpa roughly 14.5psi depending on your altitude. i normally see about 35kpa at idle on my inline 6 engine car but my bike inline 4 with itb's sees about 85kpa at idle.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Fueler
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: VE fuel and AF table generators setup.

Post by Fueler »

That makes sense. I knew my VE would be higher with boost so it follows that any MAP kPa number would be higher than 100 and any vacuum lower. At least I know which calc to use in the future.

thanks