TS on Linux Mint

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

TS on Linux Mint

Post by Philip Lochner »

Hi Phil

I'm trying to work Microsoft out of my life. Trying to run TS on a machine running Linux Mint. The TS install appeared to go without trouble and I'm pretty sure the machine knows about the USB-Rs-232 adapter I plugged in, but how do I find out which com ports are available? (My adapter has two RS-232 ports)

Is it like windows where one just has to select com1 or com5 etc or would it be some weird linux type talk?
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: TS on Linux Mint

Post by muythaibxr »

You need /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1 assuming that the kernel has a driver for your adapter.
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Also to access them as a regular user you need to add yourself to the dialout group.
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

Got it working!!! Thanks Ken.

All I did was to add myself (even though I am admin) to the dialout group, restarted the PC and voila!!
Kind regards
Philip
'74 Jensen Interceptor 440ci (EFI'ed with MS2 and wasted spark + GM 4L60e GPIO controlled - both on Extra FW)
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

I find that the serial port goes "dead" when the PC suspends and then wakes up again. It seems com port only works when it powers up from scratch.

Any ideas?
Kind regards
Philip
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Unplug and replug the adapter might work. I do not typically use the suspend feature.
Philip Lochner
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Philip Lochner »

Thanks Ken, will try that.
Kind regards
Philip