Tuner studio & Shadow dash on Bluetooth

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

opticaltrigger
MS/Extra Newbie

Tuner studio & Shadow dash on Bluetooth

Post by opticaltrigger »

Hi guys,
Looking for a bit of advise on conecting Tunerstudio and shadow dash at the same time through the Bluetooth link.

We have the official Bluetooth adapter pluged into the MS2 extra and have it conected to Shadow dash on a tablet which is also our only form of dashboard.
It would be great if I could also conect my laptop with Tunerstudio to the ECU at the same time using the same adapter in the ECU that Shadow dash is using.

I guess my question is, if I put a USB Bluetooth dongle in my laptop can it share the same link as Shadow dash at the same time.That way the car can be driven safely while I use the laptop in the pasenger seat.I have only either had the tablet on the Bluetooth or the laptop via a USB to RS232 cable,never tried both on Bluetooth together.Thought I would ask first.

All the very best
O.T.
piledriver
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Tuner studio & Shadow dash on Bluetooth

Post by piledriver »

Not built in now, but I suppose one machine could pipe the log data to the other via wifi in real time.
Of course a CAN dash app would be a lovely compromise, and the CAN<>USB adapters are almost affordable now.

I assume Android can grok CAN, anyway.
Always doing things the hard way, MS2 sequential w/ v1.01 mainboard, LS2 coils. 80 mile/day commuter status.
opticaltrigger
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Tuner studio & Shadow dash on Bluetooth

Post by opticaltrigger »

Hi Piledriver,thanks very much for coming back to me.
I gota say it kind of baffeled me with science.I just dont have a handle on CAN etc but I did get the basics of what you said.Basicaly..... it's a no with the Bluetooth.

Once again though Piledriver thanks very much for the advise and all the best to you.
O.T.