Tunerstudio to MS3 Connection

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

alexofnazareth
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Tunerstudio to MS3 Connection

Post by alexofnazareth »

Hey guys. Its been about 9 months since I last worked with my car using the MS3.
For whatever reason, Tunerstudio will not connect to the MS3. I am trying to load
a new tune onto it since I upgraded my injectors.

1) The vehicle does start and run with the current tune. MS3 is getting power.

2) I am using a Gigawire Serial to USB cable. The driver is correct, and the Laptop sees the cable is functioning.

3) I have it hooked to COM3; however, it does not detect the MS3 at all. Any ideas other than suggesting purchasing a new serial to USB cable?
serial2usb.PNG
I was having issues with invisible text using TS 2.6.19 so I DL'd 2.4.05 instead to fix that. The connection issue happens on both versions.

Also when I unplug the USB cable from the laptop, tunerstudio shutsdown/crashes.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Tunerstudio to MS3 Connection

Post by kjones6039 »

Have you attempted a loop-back test on the usb to serial adapter? Baud rate set correctly?

Just a couple of thoughts..................

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance