Relating JP2 pins to Tuning Sensor Inputs

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

fechner
MS/Extra Newbie

Relating JP2 pins to Tuning Sensor Inputs

Post by fechner »

I am using the MS2 in piggy back mode and would like to log some of the stock controller signals by connecting them to unused inputs on the J2 connector. However, the J2 pin names do not generally relate to the sensor naming convention in Tuner Studio. For instance what does PK1 and PK3 connect to? Some of the signals are time related signals that I would like to display the wave form. I tried connecting it to the "SPARE _ADC-AN13" pin and was then able to find it in the sensors menu but it seemed to only be able to treat it a gauge. I could not find how to display the actual signal in the Diagnostics and High Speed Logger tab. The Y axis appear to be limited to PTT# settings but I don't know how to relate these names to my original input signal since the name I gave it does not show up in the list. Any further documentation on how to access the extra inputs and display them in the Logger?
Does it treat digital and analog signals differently?
One of the signal I want to monitor is a pulse and would like to track the pulse width similar to what is done on the standard gauge that monitors injector pulse width. Is there any instructions on how to do this?
Thanks.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Relating JP2 pins to Tuning Sensor Inputs

Post by Matt Cramer »

JP2 on the MS2 daughter card is the 40 pin header - see U1 on the main board schematics for what its functions are.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
fechner
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by fechner »

I meant the JP2 pin connector rather than the J2 connector. It is only 34 pins. Sorry for the confusion.
fechner
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by fechner »

A second typo. I have an MS3 not MS2 board.