What is a good way to deal with going lean on acceleration?

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

AATopFuel
Helpful MS/Extra'er

What is a good way to deal with going lean on acceleration?

Post by AATopFuel »

When I give it the accelerator it leans out and goes red on the gauge for a split second and then goes rich for a short period of time. What is the best way to deal with that?
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: What is a good way to deal with going lean on accelerati

Post by Laminar »

Adjust acceleration enrichment triggers and amounts.

:msq:
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

Keep in mind that it could be too rich as well my setup doesn't like much fuel at all. Post a log and msq is shorten the pw and lenthen the taper a few ms.
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Lean spike usually means lag in the various lookups when you hit the throttle. Make sure TPS, MAP, and RPM lag factors are 90-100, set accel enrich thresholds as low as possible, etc.
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
AATopFuel
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AATopFuel »

muythaibxr wrote:Lean spike usually means lag in the various lookups when you hit the throttle. Make sure TPS, MAP, and RPM lag factors are 90-100, set accel enrich thresholds as low as possible, etc.
OK, I will send you my Datalog and maybe you can see something I don't. I went from stock to your recommendations and I am still spiking.
yzn
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by yzn »

from the accel menu lower the Accel tpsdot threshold from 200 to 30 and adjust the curve above
Watch this video below very helpful information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSE3CxaWF-I
AATopFuel
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by AATopFuel »

yzn wrote:from the accel menu lower the Accel tpsdot threshold from 200 to 30 and adjust the curve above
Watch this video below very helpful information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSE3CxaWF-I
Thank you that helped, the guy above you helped but this made a large difference.

JBL