No controller found

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

justin_l_
MS/Extra Newbie

No controller found

Post by justin_l_ »

I have been struggling through this whole megasquirt thing much more than I expected to. Latest, when I try to start a new project I get a message:

No controller found
Check your connections and be sure to have COM port drivers installed.
Consult your serial cable provider for the correct drivers.

I have had it connected in the past with the same laptop, cable and adapter, but now I can not get it to connect. I need help. The car is a 91 Miata with MSPNP that has a MS2 chip installed and is running the latest firmware.

I am not very computer savvy apparently because a lot of the stuff I am reading just sounds like jibrish so if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated!
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: No controller found

Post by slow_hemi6 »

First point of call. Plug in your serial adaptor to your lap top. Go into device manager > hardware > ports and see if your device is there. Double click it and see if it says enabled and working correctly, is set to 115200 baud rate.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
justin_l_
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: No controller found

Post by justin_l_ »

It says it is working correctly and the baud rate is correct. I broke down and bought a new one tonight, installed it and it works now. Not sure why the old one wouldn't connect. Thank you for the timely response, I imagine I'll be back shortly with something else.