Vw 1.8t afr target table help

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Doubleclutch
MS/Extra Newbie

Vw 1.8t afr target table help

Post by Doubleclutch »

So I'm new here and just started getting serious about getting my car running right.

I've had my ignition advance and wot portion of my fuel map tuned properly on a dyno by an experienced tuner. But my car runs so rich that I have to change my oil every 500km's because it's more fuel than oil. Found my afr target table last night and it's super rich throughout the whole table. I've been looking into adjusting this to tune for a more economical ve table while not in boost. However I'm terrified of changing at the moment even though I know it needs to be leaned out. Would anyone be willing to help me through tuning my afr targets. I don't know where to start pulling fuel or even more importantly how to figure that out on my own. I've included a picture of my afr target table as it stands. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Vw 1.8t afr target table help

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Anything under 100kpa is off boost. You have 14.4:1 to 14.7:1 for 75kpa and below so it will be hard to be much leaner than that off boost. Do you have a working and calibrated wide band sensor and are you using ego control and or Veal to tune these off boost areas?
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
vw_chuck
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by vw_chuck »

Why do you think this map is so rich? It looks reasonable to me.
Doubleclutch
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Doubleclutch »

I have an inovate lc1 wideband and as far as I know it's calibrated properly. So the x axis being in afr load % it's essentially just reading kpa? Like I stated previously I am inexperienced with this whole tuning game. With my inexperienced eye and overlaying this table to my ve table auto tune is trying to tune my ve table while in cruise cells for boosting afr's but I could be completely wrong.
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

By going off my 3sgte turbo tune you seem to take some significant jumps from one cell to the next (14.7 yo 12afr). I set mine to move maybe a 1/2 % at a time unless I was getting into high boost. The values only make a Difference to the VE table if your using VEAL to tune on road. Get these right then VEAL away.

Jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Doubleclutch wrote:I have an inovate lc1 wideband and as far as I know it's calibrated properly. So the x axis being in afr load % it's essentially just reading kpa? Like I stated previously I am inexperienced with this whole tuning game. With my inexperienced eye and overlaying this table to my ve table auto tune is trying to tune my ve table while in cruise cells for boosting afr's but I could be completely wrong.
X axis is RPM and Y axis is load. If you are using speed density algorithm for fuel then the load % is in kpa. Overlaying would only be meaningful if your VE and AFR load axis' have the same numbers. Generally that is the best way to have it.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke