Unable to connect to new laptop

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

saturnslut
MS/Extra Newbie

Unable to connect to new laptop

Post by saturnslut »

Hi folks

I recently had to replace my laptop that I use for tuning my MS2 extra. So I got a new laptop, refurbished dell running windows XP pro. I only use this for tuning so XP runs fine and isn't a huge resource hog. I downloaded the latest version of tuner studio and tried to connect to my ECU, which has my current tune stored on it. This is the only place I have the tune stored. My old laptop that had the backup files will not power up. When I do a port search the laptop just hangs up and never finds the ECU. I have tried using the advanced search using the .ini file search method without any success. I can see the port on the computer with device manager and have set the Baud rate and other settings correctly for that port. I have tried all 4 usb ports with the adapter and tried the native serial port on the computer. Still nothing. I can connect to my desk top using tuner studio without any problem. This leads me to believe that the problem is with a setting in either the new down load of tuner studio or the laptop port configuration.