How to save project to zip drive??

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Onebad90lx
Helpful MS/Extra'er

How to save project to zip drive??

Post by Onebad90lx »

Basically I wanna no how I can save my current project to zip drive so I can open it on another computer? (that has tuner studio) why cause I have my tune on an old laptop and worry about it dying wanna get it on my new one. the new lap top has tuner studio but wants me to create a new project? I have done the save tune as and put on zip drive, do I just put zip drive in and try and open tune? sure this is simple any he;p would be great thanks guys
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: How to save project to zip drive??

Post by nathaninwa »

I've done this when I got a new computer. I remember just dragging the whole TS file over to the thumb drive and opening it up on the new computer
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
Onebad90lx
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Onebad90lx »

so you take the entire tuner studio file and drag over from where though, cant be desktop, must be where its located so you get all the stuff, good idea I will look into that thanks buddy
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

This is one of the reasons I keep all of my projects on DropBox. I can access them from any computer that has TS installed. No concerns about changing computers etc. And of course, any changes I make to my project are also saved.

Just my way of doing things of course.................

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
winstonusmc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by winstonusmc »

Copy the whole folder within "TunerStudio Projects" in "My Documents" that contains your project. It has to be unique as it will over write the "MyCar" folder if that is what you are using. I usually name my projects something relating to the car setup, like engine type, etc. Just pull that whole folder over to an external drive and move it to whatever computer you want.

My wife and I had a chuckle when I read "ZIP" drive, havent seen one of those in years, 100mB of storage!
Nissan Skyline R34 RB26DETT ran MS3/MS3X w/ factory Hitachi CAS (sold)
Nissan Silvia S14 RB25DE ITB/NA ran MS3/MS3X w/ factory Mitsubishi CAS (disassembled)
Datsun 240z RB25DE ITB/NA with MS3/MS3X
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Use the 'Create Project Backup' option in the vehicle projects menu. This will create a single file with the entire project information.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Onebad90lx
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Onebad90lx »

well guys what I just learned when you have the latest tuner studio it gives you the option to create a back up project and save which I did and was able to open it from a zip drive to my other computer, from the zip drive I had to click on it though and open that way, then it was imported as a new project, it didn't work when I opened tuner studio and tried to open a project, just thrilled now I got this on a newer computer