Tunerstudio on Linux Bluetooth headache. Help please

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Nigep
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Tunerstudio on Linux Bluetooth headache. Help please

Post by Nigep »

I am wanting to get TunerStudio working over Bluetooth to my ECU. I am running ShadowDash on my phone with the Bluetooth adapter and can easily log / monitor via my phone over Bluetooth. It is totally stable and there are no issues with the Bluetooth connection.

I am running GalliumOS which is a Linux distribution for a Chromebook.

I have downloaded and installed the beta version of TunerStudio and this works perfectly with my USB to RS232 lead.

I am wanting to be able to make adjustments to my ECU over Bluetooth instead of having to swap between my USB and Bluetooth adapter as that would be far easier and convenient as it is a bit of a pain disconnection the BT dongle and connecting to the USB lead everytime I want to tweak the Tune.

I had to add my user to the dialout group in order for the USB to work as seen in the screenshot below. Once I did this TS worked without issue.

Once I try to get the BT conenction working, I hit problems.

I have been able to pair to the adapter and can see it gets mounted on

Code: Select all

/dev/rfcomm0
However TunerStudio is unable to detect it. Do I have to add my user to any groups like I did for the USB or change permissions or anything?

I am happy to remove/uninstall any versions of java etc that I have and install anything anyone can suggest/recommend that will work.

I keep seeing posts from people who have managed to get it working, but those posts don`t seem to have any workarounds for issues faced during installation. Despite spending a great deal of time searching on here and trying to get it to work, I have been unable to get it working.
Nigep
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Tunerstudio on Linux Bluetooth headache. Help please

Post by Nigep »

ANY suggestions are welcome, I`ll try anything at this stage :(
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

Can you see data coming out of the BT Adapter on the serial side if you put a terminal on it?
Do you know the BT Adapter is configured properly?
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
Nigep
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Nigep »

The BT adapter works perfectly when connected to my phone and running shadow dash or msdroid. I can run all day long using the BT dongle to the phone.

It's the laptop that isn't seeing Megasquirt when I try to connect using the laptop BT.

Is that what you were asking or have I misunderstood.?