Spark "C"

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Moody
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Spark "C"

Post by Moody »

I'm wiring up ignition control on a 6 cylinder motorcycle that was previously fuel only with a microsquirt. I'm using a diyautotune quadspark ignition module to control the 3 wasted spark coils.

My question is, I know I have to wire a resistor from tps 5volt reference to the WLED wire for the spk c output but is there a setting in tunerstudio that I need to change so that the microsquirt knows that is has a 3rd spark output? Or does the microsquirt magically know what it needs to do?

I have looked all over TS and the manuals and have not found anything how to program the MS to know that is has 3 coils to control....

Thanks in advance,
Dustin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Spark

Post by slow_hemi6 »

It knows because you have put 6cyl in the Engine and Sequential settings and you select Wasted Spark in Ignition Options/Wheel decoder.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Moody
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Spark "C"

Post by Moody »

slow_hemi6 wrote:It knows because you have put 6cyl in the Engine and Sequential settings and you select Wasted Spark in Ignition Options/Wheel decoder.
And again thanks for your response, slow_hemi6. Your answer is what I assumed was the case.

I sleep better when I know rather than when I assume....

Thanks again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk