Need Shadowdash Config Help hardwired to MS3

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

KW78
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Need Shadowdash Config Help hardwired to MS3

Post by KW78 »

Hi,

I didn't see a shadowdash topic area and since this is Phil's product, I thought I would post here.

I am using SHADOWDASH logger on an AMAZON Kindle Fire (android) as a Semi permanent instrument cluster for a Miata race car, mounted in the orig instrument cluster area.

The miata is running a MS3 standalone. It is connected to the KindleFire via the hardwire RS232 serial to USB cable purchased from EFIa. We have it installed and running, and the concept is to have shadowdash continuously log race track sessions, review the logs thruought the day to keep an eye on the tune and the motor health. (Running hot, low oil psi in corners, lost sync counter, AFR, etc..)

I need HELP and/or SOLUTIONS for the following Config issues:

Autoconnect: I can get the dash to autoconnect if I unplug and plug the USB, but when installed this won't be available. I need autoconnect to happen from powering up the ECM. Thoughts? Also, I would like to power up the kindle and have it autostart the APP.

KINDLE CHARGING: I have been unplugging the Cable to the Kindle and tuning with bluetooth adapter on the MS3 serial port, so I know the ECM is providing 5 volts out - but I cannot get the kindle to charge or even see charging power. Even if back out of the shadowdash app but still have the Ecm powered up, it will not recognize volts.

ALSO, anyone know if the 5v from the MS3 board will provide enough power to charge a device? Do I need to wire in a 1 amp supply and feed it to the back of the RS232 plug inside the box?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kyle
Sector Purple Raing
KW78
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Need Shadowdash Config Help hardwired to MS3

Post by KW78 »

BTW, I am using the newest 1.34 ShadowDash.

thx,
Kyle