Lost Tuner Studio connection to win10.

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

107merc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Lost Tuner Studio connection to win10.

Post by 107merc »

Haven't used TS on my PC since upgrading it to win10 and TS now says the MS is "not connected".
Still works fine on my laptop with XP. Anyone direct me to a setup or advice for getting my MS to work on the PC with win10??
The manual setup I used originally is from 2010 and doesn't seem to relate to win10. Many thanks.
107merc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Lost Tuner Studio connection to win10.

Post by 107merc »

So now I'm completely confused. Setting up an MSII/extra that is on my test bench being controlled by a JimStim. As stated, TS on the laptop
with win7 not XP (sorry) works fine displaying the original MS setup, output. If I move the I/O cord from the laptop to the PC running TS the display reads "not connected"
The MS was originally setup on the PC but with win7. However, if I set up a file, on the PC, for a "new project" in TS everything works fine. All this since upgrading to win10.
Do I have to completely re-program the MS using 10?? Do I have to upgrade the laptop to 10?? Any info appreciated. I hate windows.
gibby1980
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gibby1980 »

Download and install the USB driver off the site.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
107merc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 107merc »

Solved my problem by deleting the setup on the PC in T/S and copying the file on the laptop
and putting it on the PC. Alls well.