injector test mode

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

4thgen
MS/Extra Newbie

injector test mode

Post by 4thgen »

ms3x
in injector test mode i can get the coils to fire but not the injectors.
when i power up the ms3x the injectors fire a few time for prime but then when i go key off engine on and inj/spk test mode i cant get the injectors to fire.
im assuming i just have something set up wrong. i have attached the msq file. im hoping there is a kind soul that could take a look and point me in the right direction. i have read everything i can find and still cant get it to work. i hope im just being a block head and its something ez.
also the tune i had was originally set up for wasted spark. im gong to be running 24x ls1 style ignition with coil near plug (sequential). id like confirmation i have that set up properly as well. im new to the forum and hope im not asking to much. any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: injector test mode

Post by slow_hemi6 »

If you have it wired up correctly you will have to enable the fuel pump before power can get to the injectors.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: injector test mode

Post by Rick Finsta »

Yes, you should have the injectors powered off the fuel pump ON signal with a relay. I call this the "fuel pump ON accessories" relay, and it is separate from the relay powering the fuel pump (so two relays get signal to turn on when the ECU commands the fuel pump to be on).

The way I do this is:

1) Unplug the "Fuel Pump ON Accessories" relay.
2) Turn on the fuel pump and check for leaks in the fuel system.
3) Unplug the fuel pump relay, and plug in the "Fuel Pump ON Accessories" relay.
4) Enable test mode, and turn the fuel pump ON output on at the top of the test screen.
5) Test Coils, including phasing for distributor-based setups.
6) Test injectors.
7) Pull "Fuel Pump ON Accessories" relay, exit test mode, and crank the engine to get a composite log.

That is my method every time I pull the computer, change something, etc. so I always know everything is ready to fire without a lot of cranking.