Auto tune greyed out

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

MS Spider
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Auto tune greyed out

Post by MS Spider »

Hi All,

Apologies if this is obvious but I did not find an answer while searching. Maybe searching for the wrong terms???

A few issues with TS and they may or may not be related.

1. The Tune Analyse Live Auto tab is greyed out. My version of TS is registered (says Remove Registration under Help Tab) so I assume it is registered?? Options > Performance > 'Run in Light Mode' is not checked and it is greyed out.

2. If I reboot my machine TS opens fine. If run TS then close TS and then try to start TS again I get a warning say that a previous instance of TS is running and the option to start a new instance or bring existing TS to foreground. Selecting the 'Bring to Front' and nothing happens. Selecting 'Start a new instance' will start a new instance and connect to the MS fine.

3. TS says that an update is available but I cannot access it. I have been able to down the update once after several attempts but the files will not update as the machine says TS is till running as per item 2.

Any and all thoughts appreciated, it has been a long winter and I would love to do some road tuning!

Cheers,

Jordan
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Auto tune greyed out

Post by benckj »

Sounds to me like you have a corrupt TS program. I'd start over and wipe the program then download new copy.

Jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
MS Spider
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Auto tune greyed out

Post by MS Spider »

That did it!

Deleted and started again with a fresh download and it is working.

Thanks!!

Jordan