AFRs constant 19.0 during cranking, warmup, etc

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Austin Finley
MS/Extra Newbie

AFRs constant 19.0 during cranking, warmup, etc

Post by Austin Finley »

I apologize if this has been brought up before and solved, but a quick google search didn't resolve the issue, so I figured I'd make a post.

I just completed the installation of my MS3x and LS2 truck coil conversion in my 1997 v6 mustang. It's a stock motor that i'm using to learn how to tune with before I swap in a v8. After fiddling with the VR pots I finally got the motor to catch. However, the engine rpm still "hunts" big time during all of the phases and if I don't give it steady throttle it will die. I tried adding more fuel during these phases but my afrs stay at a constant 19.0 the entire time until right before the motor stalls. I attached a log file and my tune that will hopefully describe what is going on better than I can. And for what its worth I am using APSX V2 wideband sensors.

Thanks,

Austin
Austin Finley
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: AFRs constant 19.0 during cranking, warmup, etc

Post by Austin Finley »

Just realized this should have been posted in the Tuning section. Mods please remove.