Input/output drop down list ?

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Input/output drop down list ?

Post by panel »

Hi Phil and team , Just curious how can I run a (example) radiator fan off a SPR1-4 if it's not in the 'output port' drop down list?

'65 VW Bus with a Subaru EJ20 Turbo conversion , Air to water I/C , LS coils , 14Point7 Spartan 2 & Solid Air Fuel Ratio 52mm gauge.
MS2 Extra V3.0 board
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Input/output drop down list ?

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Spr1-4 are positions on the pcb that connect to DB37 pins 3-6. You have to connect them up to an available MS output on that list(via appropriate circuitry) for them to be anything.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by panel »

So I can 'T' into it and run a wire over to ....say.....LED D14 ?

Pics anyone of these mods ?
slow_hemi6 wrote:Spr1-4 are positions on the pcb that connect to DB37 pins 3-6. You have to connect them up to an available MS output on that list(via appropriate circuitry) for them to be anything.
'65 VW Bus with a Subaru EJ20 Turbo conversion , Air to water I/C , LS coils , 14Point7 Spartan 2 & Solid Air Fuel Ratio 52mm gauge.
MS2 Extra V3.0 board
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Required mods/circuitry will be in your applicable hardware manual. For example on a MS2 V3.0 http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/MS2 ... .4-42.html will drive a relay to power a fan or other device.
Cheers Luke
panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by panel »

So this is what I did and how it sits right now.....

Logic 'spark' output: use the top of R26 output from the MS-2 CPU as the input into TC4427 circuit and the output routes to SPR3 which sends the signal out to the DB37 on pin 5 .Then use pin 5 on the DB37 to send the signal into the coil.

I'd do the same thing for the other circuit but use top of R29 and pin 6 (SPR 4) on the DB37

2 x Fan outputs: Use the top of R27 output from the MS-2 CPU as the input into the circuit (telling it when to switch on/off) and the output routes to SPR1 which sends the signal out to the DB37 on pin3 .Then use pin3 on the DB37 to control my relay which controls one electronic fan.

The other one....Use JS11 output from the MS-2 CPU as the input into the circuit (telling it when to switch on/off) and the output routes to SPR2 which sends the signal out to the DB37 on pin4 .Then use pin3 on the DB37 to control my relay which controls the other electronic fan.

Tach output: use pin 25 from the DB37 which internally is from IAC1A.(using mods/circuitry etc)

I'm also using a boost solenoid.....and using the IAC2A.

So it looks like I'm left with swapping my one fan over to one of the LED's I guess ?
MS2 Extra V3.0 board
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Sounds about right. The top of R27 is LED d15 and you can configure that as you describe to run a fan relay. Obviously the other 2 leds are being used as sparkA and sparkB.
Cheers Luke
panel
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by panel »

THANKS! :yeah!:
MS2 Extra V3.0 board