Tune Analyze Live - Tune For You

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

maych87
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Tune Analyze Live - Tune For You

Post by maych87 »

I am just about to start my engine for the first time on my ms3. I am preparing myself to begin tuning. As I have never used tuner studio before or tuned an engine I have a couple questions.

- in the general setup documentation it goes through adjusting the VE table Manually. With the latest version of tuner studio that i have the VE Table has the auto tune analysis feature. I cannot find any good documentation on how to use this feature. I am assuming after i start my engine and warm it to operating temp I can use Tune Analyze Live to adjust the ve table instead of doing it manually. Is this correct and where is there some good documentation on how to use tune for you?

- tuning spark - is this done through data logging and making small adjustments on ignition table? Is it possible to get the ignition table perfect without having the vehicle dyno tuned?

thank you for the help

-
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Tune Analyze Live - Tune For You

Post by benckj »

VEAL will only be useful if you have a wideband which will measure actual AFR's and adjust VE to target table. Can create target AFR by using the tool help within table. If no wideband then log a run and use it to analyse data for best VE selection.

For spark adjustment it is more difficult. Need to get VE as close as possible and all other parameters set including knock adjustment. This can only be done under load which is why a dyno helps.

Hope this helps as I'm learning too. I'm sure some experts will chime in and offer advice.

Jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

i would tune the idle area and just above idle by hand then lock the cells so the auto tune does not affect these after you have tuned it.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
maych87
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by maych87 »

I do have a wideband so I will use tune for you for everything but idle. This may be a dumb question but why do I not want to use it do idle?

Also looking at the ve table for adjusting the cels at idle. Am I only adjusting from about 500 to 800 rpm? Is there a recommended ve to set it at in this rpm range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

Ok that's great to have a wideband so if you activate it under EGO control and set the AFR table your good to go. As suggested it's better to set the idle by feel getting the right VE and spark readings adjusted. Can also use WUE which will set a curve for enrichment based on coolant temp.

Jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water