Voltage not reading correct afr

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

maych87
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Voltage not reading correct afr

Post by maych87 »

I am using my jimstim to test some outputs. I noticed that my wideband o2 voltage seems off. So I checked it. At 0v it should read 10 afr. It reads 10.1afr. Is that normal. If not how do I correct this. Attached is a picture of the calibrate afr table, afr gauge and exhaust gas oxygen voltage. As you can see it's set to 0v and is reading 10.1 afr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Voltage not reading correct afr

Post by racingmini_mtl »

That's an artifact of the lag factor computation. If you set the Lambda lag factor to 100 (no smoothing), you will have the correct 10.0 at 0V. But you may then have a significant amount of noise on the AFR value.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
maych87
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by maych87 »

Does smoothing only affect the gauge reading? Or does it also affect how the reading is interpreted in the fuel tables?

racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

It affects everything.
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
maych87
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by maych87 »

That does not give you a bad tune on the fuel tables? Is there a recommended lambda lag factor to set it to?