indicator for FIDLE

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

indicator for FIDLE

Postby ChevelleFan » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:37 am

I have my MS2 is configured to control my radiator fan via FIDLE. In Boost/Advanced --> Programmable On/Off output, I have FIDLE turn on/off based on coolant value. Works perfect.

On my Tunerstudio dashboard, I want to make an indicator bulb for this, but I don't see FIDLE in the list of output channels. How do I set this up?

-Dave
'70 Chevelle zz383/700r4/3.55 MS2-Extra, Holley Stealthram, 12.18 @ 109
ChevelleFan
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: indicator for FIDLE

Postby Brian H EFI » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:25 pm

I took a look in the MS2 firmware that I have loaded here and it looks like port0 is the output channel for FIDLE. If you have a TunerStudio registration then what you want to do is turn on "Designer Mode" and add an indicator to your dashboard. Next right click on the dashboard and go to "Dashboard Designer" >> "Properties Dialog". Now select the new indicator so it has the yellow x on it, in the properties dialog change the Output Channel to "port0". Next you will want to update the indicator ON and OFF labels at the bottom of the properties dialog. Now to test the indicator connect to the ECU, turn on test mode then turn FIDLE pin on and see if the indicator switches as it should. If it does not please go to help then click on "Create TunerStudio Debug Package" and email that file to me so I can take a look specifically at the firmware you are using.
Brian H EFI
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: indicator for FIDLE

Postby ChevelleFan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:39 am

I finally got a chance to try this over the weekend and port0 worked as you described. Thanks!

-Dave
'70 Chevelle zz383/700r4/3.55 MS2-Extra, Holley Stealthram, 12.18 @ 109
ChevelleFan
Master MS/Extra'er

Return to Tuner Studio