Raspberry Pi Licenses

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Dannn531
MS/Extra Newbie

Raspberry Pi Licenses

Post by Dannn531 »

Hi, I have a quick question about tunerstudio licenses with raspberry pi.

I currently have tunerstudio ms licensed on my laptop and tablet, I'm thinking about setting up a pi dash when I install my microsquirt in my jeep. I have a couple Pi 2's, but in the future would like to upgrade to a pi3 for the built in bluetooth/wifi. I understand we are allowed 3 registered machines with 1 purchase of a license which is very reasonable.

I would like to setup the pi dash in the jeep, but don't want to have to remove the entire setup to tinker with it, i'd like to be able to just pull the SD card, or thumb drive that raspbian and tunerstudio is installed on, bring it inside and put it in a pi that I have setup on my desk to tinker with different features.

Would I have to re-license (using a 4th??) license because I have too many devices running it, or would the license stay with the installation?

I read somewhere that they work via hardware ID, but i'm not sure if that would change when I remove the SD card from the PI and put it in my spare.

Thanks!

Dan
64bit
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Raspberry Pi Licenses

Post by 64bit »

Easier solution...

VNC with a wifi connection.

If I need to pull data from my Pi, I just pull into my garage, connect to wifi, and log in with my laptop.
1994 Mustang Cobra
351w Turbo w/MS3 GoldBox xTra
4R70W Analog w/ Microsquirt TCU