AE green map trigger dot behavior

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

Vauxi
Experienced MS/Extra'er

AE green map trigger dot behavior

Post by Vauxi »

When using ITB and sequential siamese and only mapdot triggering I noticed that green telltale dot in the AE window is going haywire. It bounces all over the window just like it is shows mapdot value. AE itself works great. It would be nice to have working indicator. :D

Microsquirt module fw 3.4.2
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: AE green map trigger dot behavior

Post by whittlebeast »

With AE, things are happening way too fast for your video card to keep up. Look at AE in data logs at the fastest data rate possible. Things get more clear at 100 samples per sec or more.

Here is a three sec snap shot off my autocross car. AE can be seen in the second trace down. It is shown in the Duty Cycle1 vs Duty Cycle Base trace.

Note that I calculate Duty Cycle Base in MLV HD with the formula 10000*[Duty Cycle1]/([Fuel: Accel enrich]*[Field.egoCorrection])

http://www.nbs-stl.com/CrxTypeR/3%20Sec ... ocross.png

Andy
Vauxi
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Vauxi »

I didn't quite get your post. I've been using the very same laptop for years to tuning various cars. It has never done this before. Green ball bounces all over the window all the time even when AE is not triggered. It kinda settles down at the same time when rolling histogram settles too.
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

Please post a log and the MSQ

Andy
Vauxi
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Vauxi »

There. Log is from the first drive after very quick initial tuning after switching to the ITB. Looks like there is AE. But I think at this time, it was fully TPS.