transferring settings

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

arnold1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

transferring settings

Post by arnold1 »

I'm having trouble with transferring my new settings. It started about 10 days ago and I just can't find a solution.
As soon as I turn on the ignition the window shows me the differences in settings.
Well, I can press the "send current tuner studio settings" button as often as I can, nothing happens. I can’t even get out of this mask without pressing the button "use controller setting".
Need help, changing online everything manually especially the VE-Table is no fun.
MS Beta v 3.0.50.06 MS3 1.3.2
1992 Corvette C4, modified 397ci engine using MS3X, CNP, 36-1 t-wheel
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: transferring settings

Post by LT401Vette »

Let me make sure I have this straight.
You want you MS to have the settings that are loaded into TS, not the ones on the MS?
When you connect to the MS, TS brings up a Difference report; When you click Send TunerStudio Settings, it sends them, but then comes up with the same difference report over and over as if they are never sent or never stick?

What happens if you connect and take the Controller Settings, then load the MSQ you want on the Controller?

Have you tried this with the stable version of TS (3.0.28)?
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
VcrMiata
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by VcrMiata »

I ran into this exact same issue with the beta yesterday.
I tried cycling power on the car and restarting TuneStudio (both numerous times) - neither helped.

I did not try accepting MS settings - as I was working on a specific tune problem at the time.
If I recall correctly, the changes were minor changes to: MAT Air density table, Lambda Averaging Lag Factor and closed loop Idle PID gains

I opened the same tune with 3.0.28, the diff report was raised again but this time the changes were accepted.

I'll see if I can reproduce.
arnold1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by arnold1 »

You want you MS to have the settings that are loaded into TS, not the ones on the MS? YES!!
Tuner Studio doesn't send anything, difference report comes back over and over again!!
Haven't tried to load an MSQ on the controller. It will probably work, I'll try tomorrow but it's not how it should be.
It has worked for about 5 years and all of a sudden it doesn't.
The stable version I haven't used for years.
VcrMiata
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by VcrMiata »

Making changes on-line is fine.
Just tried and it fails solidly - any changes made off-line in v3.0.50.06 does not seem to be sent to MS (when you go on-line) - the diff report is continuously raised.

I'm using MS3 Basic and 1.5.1 beta 7.
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by LT401Vette »

Ok, as long as it is clear this is a beta issue. I wish beta testing was a separate forum.

I just tried to make a difference report with a simple change of the VE table and it sent fine. However, when tuning my own car I only the betas to hopefully see any bugs. One day last week after doing a firmware upgrade, I had a difference report appear twice, then it stuck. I am thinking this is related, I just need to know what are the circumstances that trigger it. I will do some digging, but if you can provide 2 msq's, the one in the box and the one that doesn't update, that would be very helpful.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
arnold1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by arnold1 »

I downloaded TS 3.0.28 and the data transfer worked as always. I'll stay with the stable version until BETA is fixed.
Always had the feeling it was the update I installed about 10 days ago.
9secz
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by 9secz »

FWIW, I'm having the same problem with 3.0.50.06. I've not seen this before in 5-6 years of MS'ing. It will always take changes to the VE table (thankfully), but today it refused to take changes in the main timing table. With the laptop already connected to MS3, drill is:

1. Open TS with new tune file
2. Turn on ignition
3. TS says "Hey, there's a difference! Want to use TS settings, or MS settings?"
4. I click "use TS settings"
5. dashboard goes to it's offline appearance, then
6. TS generates the same difference report again
7. Go To 3

There is no way to transfer the new TS tune to the MS3.

Edit: I just installed and ran 3.0.28, which works as it should. 3.0.50.06 is still there.

Huge thanks for configuring your software such that today's installation picked up my registration and current project from the beta install!! :D

Jeff