Shadow Dash gauge needles are miss aligned

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

TroyKreft
MS/Extra Newbie

Shadow Dash gauge needles are miss aligned

Post by TroyKreft »

Trying to develop my 1st dash screen in portrait. All the gauge needles are to the right of center when brought up on shadow dash?

When developing the dash, I had 2 video monitors stacked to try to get close as possible to the tablet screen resolution, but I can only get the studio display resolution up to 1536x1999.

I'm installing this screen as the home_portrait.dash, as I don't have a MS3 to plug into yet.

Also, a side note, is there a way to add more pens to the trend? How do I change the length of time the trend displays for? If this leads to editing content in files, then send me a link for noobs on editing whatever files.

Dash v1.5.02
Studio 3.0.28
Galaxy Tab S3 2048x1536
Attachments
portrait.png
portrait.png (492.6 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Buick GN Building: 250ci, champ aluim heads/champ ported, BGC intake ported by champ, E85, 160lb inj, comp 218/212 hyd roller, Precision 6870cea BB 4bolt, PTC non-lock, Janis trans, 1350 yoked shaft, liq intercooler, ATR header & exhaust, MS3 Pro ECU w traction control, HRparts rear suspension
LT401Vette
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Shadow Dash gauge needles are miss aligned

Post by LT401Vette »

Quite peculiar.
Do you have the .dash file for us to try here?

The current Line Graph doesn't have any scaling.
Phil Tobin
EFI Analytics, helping to simplify EFI
Next Generation tuning software.
Supporting all MegaSquirt versions and firmwares.
http://www.TunerStudio.com
http://www.efiAnalytics.com/MegaLogViewer/
Support the firmware running your engine:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/donations.html
TroyKreft
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by TroyKreft »

Here you go.
Attachments
S3 2pg.dash
(294.49 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Buick GN Building: 250ci, champ aluim heads/champ ported, BGC intake ported by champ, E85, 160lb inj, comp 218/212 hyd roller, Precision 6870cea BB 4bolt, PTC non-lock, Janis trans, 1350 yoked shaft, liq intercooler, ATR header & exhaust, MS3 Pro ECU w traction control, HRparts rear suspension
turbogrill
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by turbogrill »

Same thing happened to me!

I stopped using Shadow dash, it looked like crap.

Dash looked great in Tunerstudio be very flaky in Shadow Dash.
sschutte
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by sschutte »

Thanks for reporting the bug. I was able to reproduce the issue locally. My testing showed that the problem seems to be isolated to gauges with needle images. The temporary Workaround is to clear needle images and set needle color:
1) Select all your needle gauges (hold CTRL + left click on each gauge)
2) Right click any of the selected gauges > Dashboard Designer > Needle Image > Click Clear>Apply>Done
3) Right click any of the selected gauges > Dashboard Designer > Color Dialog > Needle Color > Select color
4) Save and export updated dash
5) Update SD to use new dash file

Attached is your an updated version of your dash.
Attachments
S3 2pg_Updated.dash
Updated dash with needle images removed
(281.36 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
TroyKreft
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by TroyKreft »

Cool the file works great.