VE table generator ?

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

BlackBird_SR71
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: VE table generator ?

Post by BlackBird_SR71 »

Motoren wrote:it seems like when you are generating the VE table it doesn't take into account that you use speed density with multiply MAP on.

don't know how it generates this table. it doesn't matter if you choose NA or turbo or whatever from the dropdown menu, it dosnt matter if you change your injectors either, so I don't know how it calculates a new VE table.

i don't know if someone can confirm that.
It certainly does ( or should change ) when changing from NA to Turbo, Turbo with Intercooler or Supercharger. With TS, I believe those changes reflect the BSFC ( Brake Specific Fuel Calculation ) , which are all different. Generically, anywhere from a low of .45 for NA, all the way to .60 to .65 for a Turbo/supercharged engine.

If you calculate a Speed Density table with Multiply on and Multiply off it certainly does change the generated Ve table. A very large amount.

Injector size doesn't affect the VE table. That is changed in the Req-Fuel calculation.