Upgrade from MS2/extra to MS3

For discussion of Phil Tobin's Tuner Studio software (Only about the tuning software itself, not about how to tune or firmware features)

Moderator: LT401Vette

nibblet787
MS/Extra Newbie

Upgrade from MS2/extra to MS3

Post by nibblet787 »

I just swapped out my MS2 daughterboard for the MS3. The MS2 was fully functioning with the latest MS2/extra firmware loaded on it, and the MS3 is now loaded with the latest firmware for it as well (1.5.1). I started out with the ms2/extra tune in Tunerstudio and booted up the MS3. There were a couple of errors, so I checked the usual engine and fuel settings, which were fine. I had to change the injector dead time to match the previous ms2/extra settings, but that's about it, I believe. However, it's still not enough to fire up the engine (sbc 350 with TBI). I swapped the MS2 daughterboard back on, loaded up my previous known good MS2/extra tune, and the car fire up immediately. I just can't get the software settings for the MS3 right. Can someone take a look? I'll upload here my last known good MS2 tune, along with what I converted to with the MS3.

One thing I should add is that the MS3 doesn't light up any LEDs like the MS2 did. I installed it according to the manual, from what I could find, and even compared it to pictures I found online. But just from looking at it, you'd think the board was dead. However, Tunerstudio reported success with flashing the firmware, and even knew when I didn't remove the jumper clip off the b/l. Obviously, I removed the jumper afterward, but still no luck.
Attachments
MS2_2017-12-05_13.30.08.msq
(119.14 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
MS3_2018-02-15_17.44.12.msq
(284.13 KiB) Downloaded 28 times