Nextion 3.2" LCD Display + Teensy 3.2 + Megasquirt CAN Data

This forum is for the discussion of other projects on Megasquirt/Microsquirt hardware that don't fit into any of the other forums

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

stanglx2002
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Nextion 3.2" LCD Display + Teensy 3.2 + Megasquirt CAN D

Post by stanglx2002 »

Does anyone have an update or pictures of the displays?

I have been looking into this more as I wanted to replace my current instrument cluster with something. The older mustangs have terrible and inaccurate gauges pushing toward aftermarket gauges, but I want to just use the MS and CAN.

The previous plan was to get the racepac, but have delayed due to it being so expensive. I would like to run 2 - 5" displays and then just wire the turn signals and high beams to leds. I believe this should give enough display room to accommodate all the current gauges and more....
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

so how my coding experience would I need for something like this? id like to buy one of these setups and play with it.. is this something that could be easily learned? where would I need to start if I know absolutely nothing about any of this
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

jsimmons wrote:so how my coding experience would I need for something like this? id like to buy one of these setups and play with it.. is this something that could be easily learned? where would I need to start if I know absolutely nothing about any of this
This was my first project and I learned it all from scratch you can see my progress through the threads. It's pretty straightforward, but does take a while to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

You replyed to thw turead i started so we can move this particular comvo over there so we dont muddy up this post. Thanks man
gui67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by gui67 »

I made some changes to my friends Screen he uses with Microsquirt:
https://youtu.be/fyfo0VdvHaw
I would like to find some ways to make better gtransitions between pages, but it is not really easy. this transitions are just dimming the screen to 0, changing the page and progressively dimming up to 100% again.
I can share the files if needed: from Nextion and Arduino(Teensy)

I will have a new project in the comming weeks for a 7" Nextion screen to be used with a MS3...
Guillaume
Wic91
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Wic91 »

Raymond_B wrote:
jsimmons wrote:so how my coding experience would I need for something like this? id like to buy one of these setups and play with it.. is this something that could be easily learned? where would I need to start if I know absolutely nothing about any of this
This was my first project and I learned it all from scratch you can see my progress through the threads. It's pretty straightforward, but does take a while to learn.

Could you post the final code for this project? I looked on the first page but did not see anything attached in the message you were referring to.

Thanks!

Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

Wic91 wrote:
Raymond_B wrote:

Could you post the final code for this project? I looked on the first page but did not see anything attached in the message you were referring to.

Thanks!

I did a write up here with the code and all parts

http://www.buildpics.org/megasquirt-can-based-display/
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/