Capturing serial data in Excel

This forum is for the discussion of other projects on Megasquirt/Microsquirt hardware that don't fit into any of the other forums

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

arr_kid
MS/Extra Newbie

Capturing serial data in Excel

Post by arr_kid »

I thought this little workbook might be of interest to anyone looking into the serial side of MegaSquirt.

Plug in your serial port, connect and you should have MegaSquirt data in front of you. That’s about all you get but there is a gauge example and I'm thinking it would lend itself nicely onto a handheld.

I’m not a coder by trade, self taught so apologies for the sledge hammer approach to oop & attempts at flattening visual, just trying to keep it understandable(?). I'll admit to not being 100% on the event triggered comms port stuff so I skipped it out in the end. Also couldn’t get any response from sending the ‘A’ character and no doubt there’ll be a few little bugs too. I’ve only tried this on a stim. There are only a few commands in this code. No table writing etc. you’ll have to figure those out as I’m not going to be responsible.

You will need to allow macros to run and Alt<F11> gets you into the vb editor. Please feel free to modify & improve and post your results.
Fabius72
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Capturing serial data in Excel

Post by Fabius72 »

Well done arr_kid :)

Fabio
Yamaha V-Max V4 paired odd-fire 1200cc engine - ITB - COP
MS2/Extra Pre 3.4 beta 11
Sequential spark & fuel - ITB Algorithm