LCD add-on for MS

This forum is for the discussion of other projects on Megasquirt/Microsquirt hardware that don't fit into any of the other forums

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

colossusuk
MS/Extra Newbie

LCD add-on for MS

Post by colossusuk »

Hi all,

For the past 2 to 3 weeks or so I have given my self a little project to do, to see if I could actually do it, and then learn a thing or two in the process of creating it :)

Basically my aim was to produce some kind of LCD display device for the MegaSquirt ECU so that I didnt have to hook my laptop up to the car every time I wanted to see what the ECU/Engine was doing.

Its not as fancy as the MegaView, but it does a fairly similar job displaying all of the variables like rpm, volts, map, seconds, afr, coolant etc

I've put in a menu so that you can basically choose what you want displayed and it will save it into its EEPROM, so that it will remember the settings when the power is lost.

I'm thinking of offering this as some kind of kit in the near future as it may of benifit to other MS users out there which are looking for a similar thing.

Heres a quick picture of it (attached), and I'll upload a short video of it to youtube today or tomorrow.

I'm thinking you could mount this on your dash somewhere or maybe in the instrument cluster if your good with a dremel 8)
photo (16).jpg
What do you think?!

Cheers,

James.
12lbchevelle
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: LCD add-on for MS

Post by 12lbchevelle »

I like it, good job. I'd like to just have this built into the ECM case.
MS3 3.8L Buick Turbo V6 -- 1968 Chevelle
MS3 2.4L Honda K24 -- 1991 Toyota MR2
colossusuk
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: LCD add-on for MS

Post by colossusuk »

I've not yet had time to take a video of it in action yet. Its probably possible to have this mounted in the MS3 case, providing you wasnt using the expander or anything - ovbiously as long as the ECU was in view then you could see the LCD.

But on the other hand, I only use 3 wires to connect to the LCD so it wouldnt be hard to locate it somewhere else in the car and run the wires to it (+5v, GND, TX)