6 speed automated manual

This forum is for the discussion of other projects on Megasquirt/Microsquirt hardware that don't fit into any of the other forums

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

DMClements4x4
MS/Extra Newbie

6 speed automated manual

Post by DMClements4x4 »

While drooling over the possibility of a 6 speed i ran across an automation kit for manual transmissions. Particularly i was looking at a t-56 magnum and master shift supports that and others. But the down side is the transmission will be cheaper than their automation kit.

Whats chance of being able to prototype a control box similar to theres and just have to purchase there linkage. I looked over what i could, and it seems all that is really being controled is 2 cable linkages, and also for the t56 model another electric motor to move the extra shift rod. I believe it could be a full standalone product like theirs, only needing a few input signals.

Only downside or liability i see is it says patent pending, im not familiar with how similar things can be before they could claim someone stole their product rights. But again the $3000 USD and up price tag is a bit much but $800 for their transmission hardware and say ballpark of $500-1000 for electronics, I think it begins to look a bit more reasonable.

Just a thought.