Real time ignition control

This forum is for the discussion of other projects on Megasquirt/Microsquirt hardware that don't fit into any of the other forums

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Tonka
MS/Extra Newbie

Real time ignition control

Post by Tonka »

I think it would be nice to have a knob that would allow some timing control on the fly, say +/- 5 degrees. I would think it could be done pretty easily. I think MSD offers a similar device as an add on to some of their ignition control boxes. Has anybody done this or know how to go about doing it? I guess my question is, would something like this require development of MS hardware/software or is it something that is already possible, or is it a dumb idea that's already been discussed? It seems to me it would be very helpful in tuning the ignition map as long as you didn't apply it in the wrong situation.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Real time ignition control

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Ms3 can do table blending between 2 tables. Have a look into that. http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/tables.html#spk
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Tonka
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Tonka »

I looked at the link you posted slow hemi and that is some pretty cool stuff but it's not what I had in mind. Also, I'm tuning on my first MS which is a ms2 unit. I don't have plans to upgrade anytime soon. There has to be some way to do what I want to do. I may look in to incorporating the msd components. I think it would be cheaper and easier to do it with the MS though...just don't know how.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Sounds like you want something like MAT based timing retard but based on ADC6 or ADC7's input (from a pot or multi pole sw with resistor ladder) rather than MAT.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Tonka
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Tonka »

Yeah! That sounds right. Would that be easy? I'm pretty new to this kind of stuff so even though I understand the gist of what you are saying, I wouldn't know how to do it.
tutuur
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by tutuur »

there's been a video shared on here of a different kind of standalone management which hovered over timing during steady state dyno running. could see exactly what the torque was doing....