Microsquirt PCB mounting question(s)

This forum is for the discussion of other projects on Megasquirt/Microsquirt hardware that don't fit into any of the other forums

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Microsquirt PCB mounting question(s)

Post by Raymond_B »

Hi all, I am trying to make an EEC-IV adapter to do two things.

1. Provide a simple way to adapt the existing EEC-IV harness to my Megasquirt MS3/3X
2. Provide a mounting location for the Microsquirt PCB for trans control

My idea is to make a simple PCB to go inside an EEC-IV case which mounts the EEC-IV connector and then connects trans related items to the Microsquirt, but also provides a connector out to go the the Megasquirt. I **think** I have all the measurements for the EEC-IV connector, but I am not sure of the relation of the 50 pin and 10 pin Microsquirt header placement. Would it be breaking any rules to get that info? I don't want to reverse engineer anything just make a nice clean setup for my truck.

Here is the idea, hopefully it's not a dumb one :)

1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Microsquirt PCB mounting question(s)

Post by dontz125 »

There's nothing secret about the MicroSquirt Module's pinout or mounting dimensions - it is designed and intended to be used by anyone who so desires on their own carrier board. The dims are in the Module Developer's Guide, on page 5.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

Awesome, thank you. The closer I look, the more I do not think I even need the J1 10 pin connector for trans control anyway since it is mentioned as "Additional processor I/O brought out on J1 5x2 header (J1): " in the Microsquirt docs. I should have mapped everything out before asking.
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

I had to double check the manual and the pin list for both the uS and the uSM - none of the pins on J1 are used on a cased uS, and so would not be included in the Transmission Controller code.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems