Merging 2 O2 sensor into one signal?

This forum is for the discussion of other projects on Megasquirt/Microsquirt hardware that don't fit into any of the other forums

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Rickster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Merging 2 O2 sensor into one signal?

Post by Rickster »

I was curious if there was a way to merge 2 O2 senors into a single input to megasquirt3?
I have 2 banks setup, but I can not find in the manual where it shows how to set up or tune using the second sensor? Merging them would make it super easy I would think?

I currently have Jeans tinyIOx connected to 2 SLC-OEM controllers by 14point7 using the CAN buss.

Thanks,
Rick
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Merging 2 O2 sensor into one signal?

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Since you're transmitting data over CAN, go to the AFR/EGO control settings (http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Meg ... 3-120.html) and set it to 2 wideband sensors, set 'EGO 1 port' and 'EGO 2 port' to 'CAN EGO', and set 'V3 Inj 1' to 'EGO1' and 'V3 Inj 2' to 'EGO2'. That way, the MS3 will use one sensor data per bank.

Also if you did not already have that, make sure to set the 'Lambda Averaging Lag Factor' to 100 (http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Meg ... .3-82.html). Any other value will introduce delays and rounding errors and you won't get any benefit because you're using digital data.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Rickster
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Rickster »

Thanks again Jean!

My setup is a V8. Under AFR/ EGO sensor mapping, I have MS3X injA through MS3X injH set to the correct O2 sennsor (EGO1 or EGO2). Does your comment about V3 inj 1 & V3 inj 2 still apply? I always assumed that those were for the optional extra 2 channels offered my the MS3/MSX card? If it does still apply what bank would V3 inj 1 map to? the bank with the injector tied to cylinder 1 in the firing order?

I assume that after this is setup that MS/TS knows how to auto tune using these settings? IE it is still pulling and modifying the one table based on both readings?

Thanks!
Rick
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I was assuming you were using inj 1 and 2 since you mentioned bank injection. If you have everything assigned to the correct injector channel and O2 sensor, you don't need to do more than that. The MS3 will use the correct O2 data to adjust fueling according to your single table. But I have no idea how TunerStudio will work with this for autotune. You'd need to post something on the TS forum.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum