EPS Electric power steering can bus info

This forum is for the discussion of other projects on Megasquirt/Microsquirt hardware that don't fit into any of the other forums

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

fpvmustang
Helpful MS/Extra'er

EPS Electric power steering can bus info

Post by fpvmustang »

Rav4 can bus info
http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/thread ... r-steering
change the setting to 500kps to match the network speed of the can system. Then back to the tab "can transmit". Now has i said earlier the hex for rpm is 2C4. The data length is 11 bit. The dlc is 8. The information i used was ramdomly picked after much trial and error. Almost 3 pages of codes I tried. I could set a rpm in connect my scan tool and see the rpm but still now assist. After much frustration i finally realised that it was a setting i had wrong. It was how often i had it repetting the message. The end result looked something like this 2C4 8 06 8A 00 19 00 00 92 09 Repet rate 20 ms(milliseconds) . All this done and turned the car on and immediate assist. I still have not been able to drive the car and see if it feels bettter. Still working on some idle issues with the engine. I could however tell the assist was greater. Last thing to work on is connecting the can wiring to the dlc so i can see about changing the setting for the assist level at idle
33 psi boost on lpg
fpvmustang
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: EPS Electric power steering can bus info

Post by fpvmustang »

Corsa B,C epas
http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/blog/co ... ontroller/
Corsa C EPAS wiring

The column has has two connectors that need inputs:

A power connector with 2 thick wires
Red – 6mm2 +12v ignition permanent positive (50amp fuse needed)
Brown – 6mm2 Earth

A signal connector with 5 thin wires
Blue / Red trace – 0.5mm2 Speed Sensor (ABS) Input
Red / White trace -0.5mm2 Engine Multi-Timer Input
Black – 0.5mm2 +12v Ignition switched positive
(5 amp fuse)
Green – 0.5mm2 Engine rpm Input minimum 55Hz maximum 30KHz
Brown / White trace – 0.5mm2 Diagnostic output

When you apply just power alone to the Corsa EPAS column; via the 2 thick Red and Brown wires; it does absolutely nothing as it is expecting rpm and speed inputs.

The first thing I found, was that you have to apply a square wave signal to the thin green wire. This signal needs to be minimum 0 – 5V peak to peak and an absolute minimum of 55Hz (read on). Without it the column does nothing.

I had one of the those cheap control boxes you buy off fleebay for testing purposes. They’re simply a little square wave oscillator with the frequency adjusted by a small dial or potentiometer (probably built around a 555 timer). These very simplistic units apply identical square waves to the green and blue wires. It doesn’t make any sense to me to put identical frequency signals onto the RPM and Speed inputs, surely that’s going to mess with the Corsa’s EPAS assistance maps.
33 psi boost on lpg
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: EPS Electric power steering can bus info

Post by Laminar »

I'm interested in the GM Equinox / Vue power steering canbus info if anyone has it.