Additional Knock Control Required?

This forum is for the discussion of other projects on Megasquirt/Microsquirt hardware that don't fit into any of the other forums

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Additional Knock Control Required?

Post by benckj »

Has anyone installed additional knock control such as J&S Safeguard and integrated into MS?

I've heard through the grapevine that the MS system is not the best software for detecting and controlling knock should it occur. Not a direct criticism as other EMS systems are equally as bad according to Tuners/Users.

http://www.jandssafeguard.com/safeguard.html

Comments good or bad?

jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
MalcolmV8
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Additional Knock Control Required?

Post by MalcolmV8 »

Jim,

I've been a long time user and even reseller of the J&S anti-knock boxes. They work fantastically well and I've had it save various engines multiple times over the years as I tinkered and pushed things to their limits with boost, water / methanol injection, nitrous etc. I have all the faith in the world in them. I'm now converting over to the MS3-Pro myself and have the same question as to how well the knock control works within the MS3-Pro?

Did you ever move forward with this? Did you experiment both ways? Any results or feedback to share?

Thanks
Malcolm
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

I'm still tinkering with my MS2 to gain control and some confidence with knock before I adjust my Ignition tables. Hard to get a handle on the pot adjustments without spending another couple hours on the dyno. Trying road running using VEAL and data logging runs.

Jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
MalcolmV8
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by MalcolmV8 »