Firmware

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ScoobyCoder
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Firmware

Post by ScoobyCoder »

Is it available on sourceforge etc?

Would like to see what its like/if/how I can contribute as well.

Mark
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: Firmware

Post by muythaibxr »

It is not, and will never be on SourceForge.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
ScoobyCoder
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ScoobyCoder »

Ken,

How could I get involved with development?

I enjoy playing with the MS2 code (prefer C over the assembly MS1), just don't want to be stuck in the dark ags come the release of the MS3. (I am especially interested in the areas of constantly variable cam control.)

I would also like to inegtrate a powerful tripmeter into the software as this can be used by all sorts of pople who use the MS for motorsport rallies and so on.

Mark
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

We probably won't open up the development until sometime after the 1.0 firmware is released and 2.x is in beta.

We will have to have an internal discussion to see if we want to give source code to anyone else for early access.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
ScoobyCoder
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ScoobyCoder »

Ken,

Thats great news.

Happy to form part of the Beta team if I may (would obviosuly pay for any hardware needed)

I have currently built a staionary Zetec (its an St170 with VVT PWM controlled) engine in a stand which I hope to attach to a (heath robinson) engine dyno of sorts, along with my EJ22 engine which is in the subaru. The Zetec is my VVT guinea pig. Lots of logging, and analysis to work out exactly how an effiecent algorithm can be produced.

Mark