MAP Sampling Strategy

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Tjabo
Master MS/Extra'er

MAP Sampling Strategy

Post by Tjabo »

Hey guys,

Carrying this over from the MS2/Extra forum, I was wondering why you chose not to incorporate a window size parameter in the MS3 code?

Thanks!

Thad
--'98 Dodge Neon ACR Turbo - MS3 beta test car - Sold
--'97 BMW 540i/6spd - Single Front/Top Mount Turbo 550+ HP - MS3+MS3X V3.0 - Sold but ripping in Vegas
--'97 BMW 328i 5.3 L33/TH400 Swapped drift car - MS3+MS3X V3.0 Full Sequential - Turbos And Radiator In the Trunk 9.6@144 on a 1.55 60ft
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: MAP Sampling Strategy

Post by muythaibxr »

I didn't choose not to, it is in there although I might not have put it in an easy place to find.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
Tjabo
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Tjabo »

Ahhhh, okay, I hadn't seen it. I saw the degrees at RPMs, and that's it. I'll have to look around a bit in the setup option windows and and see if I can find the MAP sampling window size somewhere (I take it by your statement Ken that you think you did put the parameter in there?).

So Ken, I take it that I have missed some discussions about this stuff that I could read up and kind of be up to speed? Other than that, this is all seeming like a bit of an inscrutable riddle to me! :lol:

Thad
--'97 BMW 540i/6spd - Single Front/Top Mount Turbo 550+ HP - MS3+MS3X V3.0 - Sold but ripping in Vegas
--'97 BMW 328i 5.3 L33/TH400 Swapped drift car - MS3+MS3X V3.0 Full Sequential - Turbos And Radiator In the Trunk 9.6@144 on a 1.55 60ft
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

I am not sure I understand what it is you are missing. The setting is definitely there, although off the top of my head I do not remember where I put it.

It is just a timing in degrees btdc in the curve that tells the code where to start sampling, and a single window variable that tells the code how many degrees to sample over. Once the code starts sampling it will pass the lowest value sampled back to the main loop.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
Tjabo
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Tjabo »

I just didn't see the window size parameter in there when I was messing with it before, and the addition of the window size parameter really makes this strategy a lot more logical to me.

I can't check on it right now, since my daughter has taken my tuning computer hostage to play some crazy kid's game on the internet, and I'm busy soldering in an attempted launch diode. I'll get back into it later this morning!

Thanks Ken, and sorry for the dumb questions!

Thad
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Your questions aren't dumb, I just didn't understand where the disconnect was.

Ken