New Version PCB

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: New Version PCB

Post by jsmcortina »

GintsK wrote:I wrote similar suggestions before. In short answer was: owners of project are B&G. And they do whatever they want... Or do not...
In my opinion keeping V3 PCB for MS3 is shame. But their opinion is different....
Gints
Did you notice that Matt wrote:
Matt Cramer wrote:So the answer to "Is anyone working on a new board design?" is a definite yes.
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
masterx81
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by masterx81 »

For the wideband, can be worth have the space for one of this:
http://14point7.com/SLC-OEM.php
Connected via i2c
Enrico
Opel/Vauxhall Corsa GSi MS2
Subaru v4 EJ20 MS3
subwoofer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by subwoofer »

Any (unofficial) updates on this matter?

There's one thing I'd like to add to the wish list, and that is software controlled hardware configuration. There should be no need to open the case and place or solder jumpers - or twiddle potmeters, even when a single pin can perform multiple functions. As long as you are only using standard functionality, of course. This might cause a bit of rearranging, but if pinout is changed due to a change of connector it shouldn't make much difference either way.

The firmware and support software have taken a giant leap from their "science project" origins, it is time for the hardware to follow, even though i would mean a slightly higher RRP.
Joachim
1974 Jensen-Healey
1990 VW Caravelle Syncro - running MS3+X
2014 Ford Fiesta EcoBoost
Jobro
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Jobro »

subwoofer wrote:Any (unofficial) updates on this matter?

There's one thing I'd like to add to the wish list, and that is software controlled hardware configuration. There should be no need to open the case and place or solder jumpers - or twiddle potmeters, even when a single pin can perform multiple functions. As long as you are only using standard functionality, of course. This might cause a bit of rearranging, but if pinout is changed due to a change of connector it shouldn't make much difference either way.

The firmware and support software have taken a giant leap from their "science project" origins, it is time for the hardware to follow, even though i would mean a slightly higher RRP.
They have already achieved most of that with the ms3 + expansion card. I have a friend that wants to buy my old ms2 for his project. I would buy a new ms3 this week if the case was no bigger than the ms2 and the case wasn't full of holes. I'm now very eager to move to the next gen megasquirt.
1982 RX-7 12A, MSII V3.0, running ms2extra 2.1.0E

Series 5 RX-7 throttle bodies, 2xID725, 2x1600
Complete fuel,ignition, and electric fan control. 11.828@124.30mph
Black99rt
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Black99rt »

Another vote against Dsub connectors. The housing and connectors are embarassing and not appropriate for an automotive application. I changed my enclosure and use a MIL circular connector.
1999 Dakota 5.9L R/T-
MSIIe 3.1.2 Batch Fuel/MSD single coil dizzy/Stepper idle
LC-1
tpsretard2
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by tpsretard2 »

Black99rt wrote:Another vote against Dsub connectors. The housing and connectors are embarassing and not appropriate for an automotive application. I changed my enclosure and use a MIL circular connector.
JockeB
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by JockeB »

Was there any news from the megameet 2012 ?
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

This all needs to go past Bruce, Al and Bill.

I would love to see an on-board real time clock.

Dynojet makes a fairly cool 2 channel wideband module that has a proprietary CAN like protocol, but the thing is fairly tough and small. It is designed for the motorcycle market and is waterproof. Who knows if that sort of thing may be possible to include. That would be all up to Bruce and Al to approve.

see http://www.dynojetwb2.com/wb2_details.aspx

Beast
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Are you sure this is a 2-channel module? It doesn't say so on the link.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

The version designed for the Harleys is a two channel. That may be the data sheet for the single channel. I own a two channel one.

Beast
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

You'd think that they would make it obvious (other than having a 2 in the name) that they have a 2-channel unit whether or not the base unit is single channel. I see absolutely nothing on their site that says they have 2 channels.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

JockeB wrote:Was there any news from the megameet 2012 ?
Bowling & Grippo used to announce a lot of projects in the design stages at the MegaMeet only to have some unexpected snag or other change in plans crop up and delay things indefinitely, or result in a final product that was nothing like the released item. We've decided it is safer to keep details under wraps until a bit further in the development process. Until we have news that is really ready to announce, here is what I will say.

1. The D-subs served their purpose when people ordered a lot of their parts from Digi-Key and similar vendors and there wasn't as much of a commercial distribution network for MegaSquirt. As this is not the case, I don't see any new products in the pipeline using them for much beyond RS232 connections.

2. Even when we don't comment on suggestions here and elsewhere, we listen.

3. "Keep your plans as dark and silent as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." Sun-Tzu, The Art of War
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
shortbus
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by shortbus »

It does not really matter to me what it is called or how much. I am in. You can count on my purchase.
hassmaschine
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by hassmaschine »

Matt Cramer wrote: 1. The D-subs served their purpose when people ordered a lot of their parts from Digi-Key and similar vendors and there wasn't as much of a commercial distribution network for MegaSquirt. As this is not the case, I don't see any new products in the pipeline using them for much beyond RS232 connections.
all I can say is YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!