Toyota pnp ms3-pro?

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

TOYJOETA
MS/Extra Newbie

Toyota pnp ms3-pro?

Post by TOYJOETA »

I've got a Cressida that will evetually get a heart transplant. Still on the fence between either a 2jz-nat or 1uz-nat. The biggest thing holding back from the 1uz is the lack of info I can find on standalone Ecu's. I know there are a few people out there who are running them with the ms3x. I read a while back that there was going to be a ms3-pro pnp for the supra which uses the same ecu plugs as the later 1uz. So I don't see why there couldn't be one for the 1uz even though the Pinout isn't the same. Wouldn't be to difficult to re-pin the conversion harness for the 1uz. Is there an eta on the supra pnp?

Thanks
Joe
quark2501
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Toyota pnp ms3-pro?

Post by quark2501 »

Hi

Look at diyautotune.com they have all you need for PNP
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

TOYJOETA wrote:I've got a Cressida that will evetually get a heart transplant. Still on the fence between either a 2jz-nat or 1uz-nat. The biggest thing holding back from the 1uz is the lack of info I can find on standalone Ecu's. I know there are a few people out there who are running them with the ms3x. I read a while back that there was going to be a ms3-pro pnp for the supra which uses the same ecu plugs as the later 1uz. So I don't see why there couldn't be one for the 1uz even though the Pinout isn't the same. Wouldn't be to difficult to re-pin the conversion harness for the 1uz. Is there an eta on the supra pnp?

Thanks
Joe
We expect a Supra MSPNP to be ready by the end of the year - most of the hard work is done; the last hurdle is getting the case into production (it's a fairly complicated folded steel design; Toyota didn't do us any favors when they spec'ed a connector that has two bends in its sealing surface!). And once it's out, we will do a bit of testing on a 1UZ - we set it up so that it should work with this engine on paper if it is backed by a manual transmission, but it needs some testing to be sure. Although Toyota never put a stick shift behind a 1UZ, there's enough examples running around that this could be an interesting secondary target. Haven't had a chance to confirm it works yet though.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Suprazz »

If you decide to go with a 1jzgte I made a plug and play ecu. 6 car working with it right now and one made over 500whp with this ecu. (1.5jz)
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

That's pretty dang cool. I just rewired a 1j for a universal application Pro. This would have come in handy.
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
TOYJOETA
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by TOYJOETA »

Matt Cramer wrote:We expect a Supra MSPNP to be ready by the end of the year - most of the hard work is done; the last hurdle is getting the case into production (it's a fairly complicated folded steel design; Toyota didn't do us any favors when they spec'ed a connector that has two bends in its sealing surface!). And once it's out, we will do a bit of testing on a 1UZ - we set it up so that it should work with this engine on paper if it is backed by a manual transmission, but it needs some testing to be sure. Although Toyota never put a stick shift behind a 1UZ, there's enough examples running around that this could be an interesting secondary target. Haven't had a chance to confirm it works yet though.
This is awesome news, and yes I wouldn't run anything but a manual.
TOYJOETA
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by TOYJOETA »

Any updates?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Had a couple snafus with the shop that's making the prototype faceplate - it's been a bit tricky to get all the bends exactly right. The main cases are due in late January, but we may need a couple iterations of prototyping up the faceplate to be sure everything fits.
arjay
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by arjay »

Suprazz wrote:If you decide to go with a 1jzgte I made a plug and play ecu. 6 car working with it right now and one made over 500whp with this ecu. (1.5jz)
That's got to be the nicest looking module I've ever seen. A real work of art :yeah!:
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Suprazz »

Thanks! I'm preparing a new groupbuy.
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
TOYJOETA
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by TOYJOETA »

Updates?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Final design of the prototype faceplate has been approved. We're waiting on them to get back from the powder coater and for the silk screen company to fix a mistake they made with putting the logo on the case.
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Suprazz »

There is a new group buy for the Plug and play ms3pro based ecu for toyota supra 89-92 with 7mgte or 1jzgte engine! Work great for a 1jz swap with JZA70 wiring harness!

More info here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showth ... 28JZA70%29!