Feature modification request: Blended Priming / Warmup / ASE

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Feature modification request: Blended Priming / Warmup / ASE

Post by hardline »

Since Ethanol has a much lower vapor pressure than gasoline when cold, is there a way to have table blending enabled for Priming. ASE and Warmup? It would drastically help my cold weather starts. As it is right now, I have to let the engine warm up before driving it, as it is wildly unpredictable until I get some heat into it and the ethanol vaporizes properly. I know it sounds like a strange request, but I am trying to be able to run E85 year round, as it is cheaper overall for the operating cost of the vehicle.
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature modification request: Blended Priming / Warmup /

Post by nathaninwa »

Yes you can do that already. When I was running flex I had most of that blended. I believe to activate the tables it's under the tables menu than all the secondary tables become active under the idle tab.
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

I've only found how to enable blending on cranking pulse. Can't seem to find the options for the other tables.
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

There not a blending table but table one and table two for each and based on ethanol it will interpolate
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

I found that if I enable dual fuel, it activates those options, but it wants to drive a second set of injectors and demands 2 fuel tables. Only have issue with warmup, so I don't need dual fuel tables.
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

Nothing? Can then someone provide me with the 1.3 source code, and I'll edit it myself. I am sick of cranking the car 5 or 6 times on alcohol fuels, but starts the first turn of the key on gasoline. All I need is the blend curve #7 to apply to Priming, Warmup, and ASE tables. It shouldnt be that hard, as the code is already there for the cranking table.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

It's been a while since i ran flex fuel and needed to thin back to my process. Iirc cranking did not use flex percent. It was only after the engine got running did flex percent become active. Back then I had asked for it to become live before cranking so one could see the ethanol percent. I think that's why there is an cranking table. If the ethanol percent added is right enough fuel should be added to not need a separate blend table for warmup enrichments. I worked with my gas tune and tailored the flex percent till it came in line and it started just the same. I then fine tuned the ve table from that point to better match the afr's I was looking for

I was around 170% to make it work right