MS3 Feature request

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

papiogxl
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3 Feature request

Post by papiogxl »

I have couple things I would like to see implemented in the next firmware version. I believe they have valid uses for several people, and shouldn't take much to implement. (I hope)

1. Nitrous VS Boost.
For the big turbo, small cube guys. Using the progressive controller function, Nitrous duty vs Map pressure.

Uses: supply nitrous to spool turbo up quickly, and slowly phase it out as boost comes on. This would reduce the sudden change in power when the nitrous turns off if used conventionally with a boost switch.

2. Rolling 2step/speed limiter/ pit lane limiter
This one could be used in a few different ways.
a. For the roll race crowd. Either a clamp style that will hold the current speed when activated (similar to the early MS1 variable 2step) or a 0-5V knob style similar to the current variable 2step. This style would want to be somewhat aggressive to build boost before a race. Roll racing has become fairly prevalent in a few different sanctioned events around the country, and I believe ProEFI has a similar feature.
b. Pit lane limiter. For the roundy round/road course guys. flip a switch and it won't let the car accel over given VSS.
c. Speed limiter. IDK why someone would want to, but it could be used to limit a car's top speed.
The Ratchet RX7
1988 RX7 powered by 12V VR6
Ms3x, ID1000's, e85, pt6266, NX wet kit.
Stock block w/ arp hardware
TH400
8.8 IRS
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 Feature request

Post by dontz125 »

Pit lane limiter could also be set to limit revs as well as VSS, for those of us without VSS.

Speed limiter might be applicable as a valet setting; I can't think of a race use!
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
Hey_Allen
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Hey_Allen »

There was a discussion not long ago about ways to detune or limit the ECU as an anti-theft function. A speed limiter would be an interesting addition in that aspect.
Josh
-greasy fingered tinkerer
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I like that roll race feature as well. Maybe something that takes a current vss or rpm shot and holds it there till button release
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
papiogxl
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by papiogxl »

I actually did a search, and the nitrous vs boost thing has actually been asked by a couple other people as well.

Nathan, roll racing is the primary reason I want it. A friend's ZR1 just barely gets me on the jump. :cry:
The Ratchet RX7
1988 RX7 powered by 12V VR6
Ms3x, ID1000's, e85, pt6266, NX wet kit.
Stock block w/ arp hardware
TH400
8.8 IRS