Nissan CAS (RB25) support

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sheek »

i have a customer who was reporting his car shutting down and unable to restart until hours later. i just assumed it was an issue with his wiring. i fouind that he was blowing coils regular also. he was on the 1.3 alpha 8 code tho.

if this problem is firmware related can you please fix it in the next release so i can have my customer load it and fix his issues?

thanks
mxsteven
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mxsteven »

I believe your case is a floating grounding point, at first i had this issue then i found out the wiring to the coil had some problem and the grounding cable is worn off, after getting that done so far it works like a charm except a few hiccups which im still checking it..

What is your spark dwell time and the spark duration?
sheek wrote:i have a customer who was reporting his car shutting down and unable to restart until hours later. i just assumed it was an issue with his wiring. i fouind that he was blowing coils regular also. he was on the 1.3 alpha 8 code tho.

if this problem is firmware related can you please fix it in the next release so i can have my customer load it and fix his issues?

thanks
sheek
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Nissan CAS (RB25) firmware crash!

Post by sheek »

coil dwell is 2.2
and duration is 1ms

can you explain to me how to go about fixing the grounding issue on the coils?

where would i find the wire that grounds the coils?

car is a r33 GTS
thanks
mxsteven
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Nissan CAS (RB25) firmware crash!

Post by mxsteven »

sheek wrote:coil dwell is 2.2
and duration is 1ms

can you explain to me how to go about fixing the grounding issue on the coils?

where would i find the wire that grounds the coils?

car is a r33 GTS
thanks
2.2 and 1ms should be fine...

try to remove the coil pack which together with the whole metal rail, from there you will see each coil had 3 wires, 1 of the wire is connected to body ground (you must connect them to the body ground else there will be high voltage floating on the wire and this might damage the coils). Try to study the coil connections by looking at others coil connections, you should be able understand. I had this issue previously similar like yours however I had solved it after i redo the ground wiring.

let me know if there is any doubt!

Cheers
Steven