Feature request: WUE map

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

subwoofer
Super MS/Extra'er

Feature request: WUE map

Post by subwoofer »

I will back this up with data (scatter plots) as soon as I have sorted a MAF contamination problem.

From the AFR gauge it would seem that the %age WUE may not be the best solution. When tuned for no AFR change at idle it will go pig rich when driving off. I think an rpm/clt WUE table might do the trick. Further investigation will show if there is a large map or TPS dependency too.

What do the rest of you think?
Joachim
1974 Jensen-Healey
1990 VW Caravelle Syncro - running MS3+X
2014 Ford Fiesta EcoBoost
krisr
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request: WUE map

Post by krisr »

100% agree that WUE needs to be a table BUT I think there should be 2 changes,

1) WUE/ASE if incorporate AFR is enabled, is a multiplier of the commanded AFR rather than a multiplier of the PW - once the wideband is warmed up, there's no reason why we couldn't enable CL fuelling from the get go.
2) WUE table is MAP/CLT. I don't think RPM/CLT would work unless you have a manual transmission - maybe the option to use rpm or map would work?
Sydney, Australia
1971 Holden Monaro HQ
MS3X Sequentially fuelled 400 Pontiac
subwoofer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by subwoofer »

krisr wrote:1) WUE/ASE if incorporate AFR is enabled, is a multiplier of the commanded AFR rather than a multiplier of the PW - once the wideband is warmed up, there's no reason why we couldn't enable CL fuelling from the get go.
I don't know about you, but I want my AFRs just where they are supposed to be even at warmup. I don't want to run richer, thus WUE in the form of an AFR adder is useless. I already run CL from a CLT 15°C, but it is not fast enough - nor have enough authority - to tame the WUE.
krisr wrote:2) WUE table is MAP/CLT. I don't think RPM/CLT would work unless you have a manual transmission - maybe the option to use rpm or map would work?

I don't see how the transmission has anything to do with WUE mapping? But you could be right that the correct mapping will be MAP/CLT, will have to review a few logs to find out. I just hope it will not need to be both MAP and RPM.
Joachim
1974 Jensen-Healey
subwoofer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by subwoofer »

In support of the feature request, and krisr's opinion I might add: http://www.linkecu.com/support/glossary/warm-up-def
Joachim
1974 Jensen-Healey
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I would expect higher air flow rates to require less WUE, similar to the EAE settings. Since WUE is to compensate for fuel sticking to cold intake ports, it would make sense for higher flow rates to pull more fuel off the walls and hence need less WUE.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
subwoofer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by subwoofer »

Are you implying that a wall adhesion model should be used, and would produce better results than a WUE map? Could we really have any hope of tuning such a beast?
Joachim
1974 Jensen-Healey
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'm saying that WUE is a form of wall adhesion. A 3D map would compensate for it, but I'm thinking a second 2D curve for how much to reduce WUE based on either MAF reading or MAP * RPM may be a little simpler to tune.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
subwoofer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by subwoofer »

Good idea. So we have at least three different options to explore with scatter plots:

1. 3D map, CLT vs RPM
2. 3D map, CLT vs load (TPS/MAP/MAFload)
3. 2x 2D curves as described by Matt

Colder weather is coming, within 3 months I'll have data over a 100°C CLT span.
Joachim
1974 Jensen-Healey