Feature request, alternate closed loop idle target

Testing and development of Megasquirt 3

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Feature request, alternate closed loop idle target

Post by nathaninwa »

I've been thinking the past few months on a feature that would raise idle when the gas pedal was stepped on. Like leaving the driveway or a stop light, say 4% or more tps and below a certain mph a secondary idle rpm could be targeted so we wouldn't have to pedal it (like when backing up to something). The idle would come up to the new target and pid control would maintain that as the clutch was released
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Re: Feature request, alternate closed loop idle target

Post by muythaibxr »

I am not really getting the point of this. If the throttle is pressed, you are no longer idling.... I don't think I like the idea of leaving closed loop on with the throttle pressed... Besides with the throttle pressed the idle valve is no longer going to be able to have enough effect to change engine rpm. Could you elaborate a bit on what you are asking for and why?
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Feature request, alternate closed loop idle target

Post by nathaninwa »

My thoughts are this. My particular case is not a lot of flywheel with a triple disc clutch. My driveway is on a slight incline along with other hill type take offs in my area. If I pressed on the throttle just a bit a new target can be had when I let the clutch out pid can maintain that idle target while I get goin. That's the thought on it. It could be disabled with x new amount of throttle or a mph gain

I worked with a feature like this on another system and it was really handy while your playing with the clutch release
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control